Friday, January 6, 2012

Video Games LIVE!

As you already noticed, Santa was REALLY good to us this year. As we unloaded our stockings Christmas morning, we each had a ticket to go see Video Games Live. Bryan and I had talked about it for quite some time and I was way excited to go! When we told Kaden, he was super thrilled about being able to listen to the Mario music from a real symphony! 


To make our adventure even more fun, we decided it would be super cool to take the train from Roy down to Salt Lake. Kaden couldn't remember the last time he had been on the train so he thought it was a fabulous idea! As we pulled into the parking lot, we realized that if we were going to make it, we would have to RUN! Bryan took off to go purchase our tickets and I grabbed Kade and all the gear. We made a mad dash just to arrive a few seconds short. After that sprint, we had a 30 minute wait and we were super thirsty. Off to Maverik we went! I grabbed much needed treats (Australian Licorice and Swedish Fish! Both foreign... odd!) and we headed back to the train. 


My husband will probably KILL me for posting this next section, so if you see my obituary in the local paper, at least you'll know why :) 


As we wandered, not ran, down to the platform, Bryan realized he had this HUGE hole in the back of his jeans. I was cracking up! Not only was he being all shy about it, something that is rare for him, but he didn't want me to look! I had a giggle fit and proceeded to MAKE him show me. Well, there are holes in jeans that can go unnoticed, and then there are holes that need to either be fixed or replaced. This was a replaced kind of hole. Apparently his sprint for the train tickets was NOT nice on his back pocket :) 


After our train ride we headed to the Gateway to grab B a new pair of pants... 2 stores later and my handsome hubby was no longer showing the world his buns :)


We met up with Bryan's parents to grab a bite a Chili's then headed to the show! What a site to see! People were in costume, dressed to the hilt, some in sweats and then there was us. Nicely dressed in jeans and Mario attire. We absolutely enjoyed the show and each took a special something home afterward. All in all, it was a great night spend with my family! It had all the components of true fun: Adventure, ripped pants, good food and exquisite entertainment!


Train Ride!




Kade was SOOOOOO excited to see Batman!

This guy/thing/character I don't know, ended up winning the costume contest!










No comments:

Post a Comment