Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Round 2.

I do have some catching up to do on this blog, but I feel like today is a much needed posting day. We had a very not so great day today... Let me begin at the beginning...

3 weeks ago Kaden was diagnosed with RSV. At that time the Dr. thought that he also might have a bit of asthma. I have been paying attention to that and noting when and where he's coughing. By Monday of last week, I was convinced that we had kicked RSV right in the rump and we were back to being well. I could tell that Kade wasn't 100%, but his cough was toned down a ton and he was in very good spirits. When Thursday night rolled around, we were back to a full blown cough and I began treating him with his breathing treatments again. Over the weekend he coughed here and there, but night time was always the worst. This Monday (yesterday) I took him to school and one of the other mom's pulled me aside to ask if I had considered using oils to aid his coughing. I don't know anything about oils or natural healing, so my brain hadn't even gone that route. I talked with her for a few minutes and she explained about how the oils had helped her daughter so much. I grabbed Kade and headed down to the Natural Food place. The lady there was super helpful and led me in the right direction. I purchased oils and went right home to try them out. 

I'm not going to lie... I was pretty much beyond shocked at the results of using oils. Kade sat down to play Mario and I sat right with him to listen for coughing. Much to my surprise, he didn't cough at all! Not one time! The oils were working! SWEET! I was seriously so excited! After a few bad nights of coughing and not knowing what to do to help, I thought for sure this was my answer to many prayers. 

We got Kade all ready to bed and put some fresh oil on his chest, back and feet and tucked him in. This lasted about 2 hours. Around 11 he came out of his room crying. At first he was telling me about how he had a bad dream about black widow spiders. He was crying pretty hard and said he couldn't get back in his bed because they would get him. He just knew he would be safe if he was in our bed. So I carried him in and got him all calmed down. After I thought he was asleep, I stepped out for a minute only to come back to find him sobbing.  He was crying so hard and telling me that his ear hurt so bad! Now, on Sunday night Trish had asked if he was having ear problems because he had been tugging on his ear. I didn't even think anything of it and just thought it was a Kaden-ism. Boy was I wrong!

I took Kade into the Dr. today to find out that his ear drum had burst. WHAT?! My jaw literally hit the floor. I had no idea that he had even had any type of ear problem let alone a bursting ear drum! I feel absolutely horrible . What is going on in my little world! Then... just to top it right off, the Dr. starts talking about asthma again. She tells me that although he may not be coughing, thanks to the oils, he is still wheezing very bad in his lungs. Joy. She went and got a sample pack of asthma medicine that he wants him to try for a week. If it helps him clear up, they will reevaluate and decide if he should be on asthma meds all the time or in the winter or just when he's getting sick or what. Sigh. So out we went. Off for a subscription and more meds than we've taken in the last 6 months. 

While I'm really so grateful that we have the medical knowledge around us to help Kade out, I'm still so very sad that this has happened to Kade. Needless to say, February hasn't exactly been a month of health in the Lords' household. Unfortunately, Kaden has taken the brunt of that illness. I'm hoping with the latest remedies that we can get this little boy back into good health! 

On the bright side, this is his darling school picture that we just got back! It absolutely melts my heart :)

No comments:

Post a Comment