Friday, February 24, 2012

I'm so GLAD when Daddy comes home...

Earlier this month, February 6 - 10 to be exact, Bryan had to go out of town for work. A week before he left I had finally convinced myself that I was going to be just fine and that I could manage on my own. I had convinced my awesome brother, Justin, to come live with us for the week so I had the "protector" factor all set. I was confident that we would be ok while Bryan was gone. Then Kade got the RSV bug. Super! The weekend before my sweet husband was going to leave us, we spent it trying to nurse Kade back to good health. While our efforts were good, the RSV had a different plan. 


Monday morning rolled along and after very little sleep over the weekend, Bryan headed off to work and then to the airport, I went off to teach my classes and my awesome sister came over to hang out with Kade. (I seriously have the best siblings EVER!) I got the text that Bry was headed to the airport, took a deep breath and let the madness begin!


I honestly don't think I would've made it through that crazy week without my siblings. They both ended up moving in here for the week to help me! Emalee was on duty all day while I was working, and Justin was here every night to make sure things were in order. It was for sure not a typical week for us, but I couldn't ask for anything better! 


Our schedule went right out the door with Bryan, so I found myself hanging out with Kade until way past normal bed time! Even though he was feeling horrible, he still managed to be a good sport about everything. He gave up his bed to Emalee and moved in with me for the week. That ended up being super helpful! I could be right there for him if he needed anything and I was able to give him breathing treatments while he slept.


While this is sounding like a very somber, no fun, kind of week, it did have it's highlights! Licorice whipping in the living room during Cupcake Wars, airplane fights "Ve are the Gehrmans" -Emalee, and just getting to spend some time with my sibs that I wouldn't get to do otherwise. One of the events that Kaden really loved was getting to make Valentine's cupcakes with Emalee. They concocted this idea while staying up way too late watching cupcake wars! It was for sure the highlight of Kaden's week! 








Emalee was so excited to make cupcakes... HA!










Just like his Auntie...








Such a fun project to break up a not so fun week!
Throughout the week of crazy, we had multiple people coming to make sure that we were doing ok. My parents were here checking on us and my mom got dinner and stayed for hours one night just so I wouldn't be alone, Bryan's parents came by with awesome surprises from Cali to boost some spirits and our great home teacher stopped by as well.  Even though in the whole scheme of things, this wasn't a very big deal, I felt like everything had piled on at once! I was able to keep things under control and make it through my week of crazy with a lot of help that I certainly appreciated!


While I was extremely grateful for the time spent with my family, nothing could beat the awesome feeling when Bry walked through the door! I think I had spent so much time trying to push through life and getting Kade feeling better that I never even realized how much I truly missed him until he was here again! I was for sure one happy camper to see my guy come back to us! Kaden was thrilled to have his dad home again and wasn't pleased when I insisted that he needed to get to bed. He just wanted to hang out with Dad! Lucky for Kade, Dad got to hang out with him for the rest of the weekend! And boy... we are soooo GLAD that Daddy came home :)



No comments:

Post a Comment