Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Our Goal...

Bryan comes up with all sorts of GREAT ideas! This is a regular occurance in our relationship and I (Megan) happen to love it! I have been able to learn so much based off of these great ideas!


The most current idea that we are working on just happens to be a long term GOAL. Bryan sent me a text asking how I would feel about running the Disney Half Marathon. Half Marathon? That is 13.1 miles of running fun! Dang. I had my doubts that I could pull this one off. I mean really... That is a seriously long time to be running! But after about 2 seconds those doubts were gone. Bryan reassured me that we would be training TOGETHER and that we could push each other to finish our goal.


It was amazing to me that he could pull such CONFIDENCE out of me in such a short time! I admit, I have thrown the concept of being a runner out there many times in my life, but this time it's DIFFERENT. There is a whole new aspect that is coming into play. I have someone who is going to stick by me through this goal no matter what might happen.


I am so glad that we are taking on this challenge not only together, but with members of both of our FAMILIES. I think the entire training process will force us to rely on people in a different way. As I gear up to head out for my first run (out of many), I am feeling confident and EXCITED about our goal!


September 2012 will be here before we know it! Bring it ON!


- Megan

1 comment:

  1. I'm SO jealous! I wanted to run that race so badly! Good for you guys, I know that you will all do great!!!

    ReplyDelete